It’s no secret that men are attached to their hair, and would very much like all of their hair to remain attached to their heads. They’re also very particular about how their hair looks.
This summer, Dove Men+Care Hair spoke to a diverse group of men from all 50 U.S. states to gain insights into their hair habits and preferences and better understand how a man’s hair reflects his personal identity and cultural interests.
Among other things, the company found that:
· 60% of men named frequent washing as the key to maintaining strong, healthy hair.
· More than 60% of all men style their hair every day and prefer to use hair gel, hair spray or pomade.
· 90% of guys look in the mirror to fix their hair at least once a day
Men’s Link Hair to Identity
· 8 in 10 men believe their hair is a reflection of their personal style, which helps them look both masculine and professional.
· 1 in 5 men have been jealous of a friend’s hair and 1 in 3 men wish they had hair like their friends.
· 6 in 10 men wish their hair looked both stronger and healthier
Man Buns Need to Go?
· 7 in 10 men wish the man bun would go away.
· Men named soccer players as the type of athletes who have the best hair.
· 1 in 5 men would give up drinking for a month for stronger, healthier hair.
It sounds like men really obsess over their hair, doesn’t it?